ALL ABOUT ME – MRS. ERMAN
My Hometown – I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and now call Simi Valley home.
My Favorite Food – Ice cream, popcorn and Mexican Food
My Favorite Book for my class – The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton. It was read to me in elementary school and I love to share it with young readers. I also enjoy The Magic Treehouse series by Mary Pope Osborne.
My Alma Maters – St. Genevieve Elementary School, St. Genevieve High School, California State University Northridge and CSU Los Angeles
My Most Beloved Bible Verse is: “Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.” Romans 12:12
I’m uniquely me because I hope to instill in students a love of learning. The classroom can be a magical place where learning, reading and exploration take place. I want my students to gain the confidence and knowledge they need to be successful students. I believe this can be achieved by building a strong foundation at the primary grade level. One of my favorite quotes is from Christa McCauliffe (the teacher who was selected to be on the Space Shuttle Challenger): “I touch the future, I teach.” The responsibility I have as an educator to ensure that all children learn and grow is my primary responsibility every day. My philosophy reflects the statement from The Catholic School (No. 56): “Knowledge is not to be considered as a means of material prosperity and success, but as a call to serve and be responsible for others.” This is the essence of a Catholic education – to teach our children to be an excellent learner that remembers to follow in the path of Jesus.
My Goals the Class:
- One of my biggest goals is to foster a love of reading for my 2nd graders! “The more you read, the more things you’ll know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” (Dr. Seuss)
- And, through learning about the Sacraments, I hope my students develop a lasting relationship with Christ.
- All children will learn and grow.
- All children will learn to be kind, following in the path of Jesus.
- All children will grow in their faith – fully understanding and living our our school/parish them of “With faith in Jesus, we love and serve others.”
- All students will be on the path to a 4 year college/university degree.
- All students will remain strong in their path to STREAM learning, becoming independent learners.
- All students will always be an agent of lighting the torch for learning.
Highlights of Learning in Grade 2: The highlight of teaching 2nd grade is preparing the students to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion! I look forward to teaching the students about the gifts Jesus has given us and drawing them closer to God.
2nd Grade News/Blog
- No blog posts available. Please check back later.