ALL ABOUT ME – MRS. THEODORE
My Hometown – I grew up in the San Fernando Valley but now call Santa Clarita my home.
My Favorite Food – Lumpia (So Delicious!)
My Favorite Book for My Class – The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney; Freckle Juice by Judy Bloom; The Magic Treehouse Series by Mary Pope Osborn; and Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White. I really love to read and have so many more favorite books that I am excited to share with my students!
My Alma Maters – Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School, Bishop Alemany High School, California State University Northridge and Loyola Marymount University
My Most Beloved Bible Verse is: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105
I’m uniquely me because I am ecstatic to be teaching 3rd Grade. My hope is for all parents to be involved in the educational journey of their child, every step of the way. My philosophy as a teacher is to facilitate success with all of my students and guide them in their academic journey. I will create a safe environment where all students feel confident and comfortable to take risks and challenge themselves. The learning environment will be one that supports individual growth which will help students take on more independence and create their own goals for academic success. It is an honor to have this opportunity to teach children.
Goals for My Class
- To focus on growing independence, responsibility, organizational skills, study and test taking skills and work habits
- To promote the mastery of multiplication and division
- To develop language arts skills, with the continued study of formal writing
- To utilize a variety of resources (including historical information) and the writing process
- To integrate technology to cultivate innovation and creativity
3rd Grade News