ALL ABOUT ME: Mrs.Louis
My Hometown – Simi Valley, CA
My Favorite Food – Mostaccioli
My Favorite Book for my class – I love to read and there ae many books that are special. The Cay by Theodore Taylor we read as a class during the last trimester. Its themes of prejudice and survival are very inspirational and thought provoking. Other favorite books are Anne of Green Gables, Esperanza Rising and The Watcher. Historical fiction books by Ann Rinaldi are also wonderful!
My Alma Maters – Callahan Elementary in Northridge and Madera Elementary in Simi Valley, Royal High School, CSUN Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies. Teaching Credential: Multiple Subject in Elementary Education
My Most Beloved Bible Verse – Love, never gives up, never loses Faith, is always hopeful, Endures all things 1 Corinthians 13:7
My Goals for My Class:
- Emphasize kindness, compassion, empathy, and respect so each child feels loved and secure.
- To be a good role model and demonstrate kindness and respect.
- Do one STREAM activity each week to reinforce critical thinking and problem solving skills in addition to science experiments with each chapter.
- Develop and improve organizational skills which leads to responsible learners.
- Increase “hands on” activities in history and math.
- Read the Bible daily in Religion for better understanding of scriptures.
- Increase use of technology for book reports and science notebooks.
5th Grade News